Get to The Polls Terms of Service
Thank you for visiting Get to the Polls, a voter information tool provided by the Voting Information Project (“Get to the Polls”). The Voting Information Project (“VIP,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is owned and operated by Democracy Works.
Get to the Polls can help you to find out where to vote, what's on your ballot, or how to contact your election officials (the “Services”) through our website available at www.gettothepolls.com (the “Site”). Services provide information about where to vote, and possibly who is on your ballot or how to contact your election official for an upcoming election.
To provide the Services, we have to set out some ground rules for using the Site in this document (the “Terms”). By accessing, using, or contributing to the Services or the Site, and in consideration for the Services we provide to you, you agree to abide by the Terms.
VIP may change the Terms from time to time, at VIP’s sole discretion. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of such changes will constitute your assent to all such changes. Please periodically visit this section of the Site to review the current version of the Terms.
The information on this Site is provided free-of-charge, and we accept no liability for this Site and the information on this Site. Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
Disclaimer of warranty and limitation of liabilities
The site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or otherwise. Without limitation, we disclaim any and all warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, and performance of all services associated with use of the site. Moreover, without limitation, aspects of the Service may involve directing the user to third-party websites or information. VIP does not make any representations or warranties about the accuracy or reliability of those websites or the information they provide. We make no warranty, express or implied, that your use of the site will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of certain warranties, so portions of the above disclaimer may not apply to you.
VIP makes no warranties or representations about the Site or the Services, including but not limited to accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness. Nor can VIP guarantee that the Site and the Services will be kept available or updated—VIP reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Site or the Services at any time without prior notice or liability.
VIP does not provide or replace individualized legal or electoral advice. The Site and the Services may include information which is out-of-date, jurisdiction-specific, or applicable only based on a specific set of facts that do not apply to your situation.
Access to and use of the site
ACTS AGAINST THE SITE/SERVICES
You shall not attempt or engage in potentially harmful acts that are directed against the Site or Services including, without limitation, the following:
1. Using the Site or Services in contravention of any other agreement to which you are a party, including without limitation any employment agreement to which you may be a party;
2. emulating or faking usage of the Site or Services;
3. violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site;
4. using manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any pages contained in the Site;
5. introducing viruses, worms, software, Trojan horses, or other similar harmful code into the Site or Services;
6. interfering or attempting to interfere with the use of the Site by any other user, host, or network, including without limitation by means of submitting a virus, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” “pinging,” or “crashing” the Site;
7. causing, allowing, or assisting machines, bots, or automated services to access or use the Site or Services without the express written permission of The Voting Information Project;
8. tampering with the operation, functionality, or the security of the Site or Services;
9. attempting to override or circumvent any security or usage rules embedded into the Site or Services that permit digital materials to be protected;
10. attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or breach any security or authentication measures;
11. misusing, tricking, disrupting, or otherwise interfering with the functioning of the Site or Services;
12. reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, deciphering, or otherwise attempting to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Site or Services;
13. engaging in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Site; and/or
14. forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. You agree that it is your responsibility to install anti-virus software and related protections against viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, destroy, disrupt, or otherwise impair a computer’s functionality or operation.
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), VIP hereby notifies you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protection is available on the Internet (e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_content-control_software).
VIP reserves the right to change, at any time, at our sole discretion, the Terms under which these Services are offered. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms. Your continued use of the Site and Services constitutes your agreement to all such Terms.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
VIP disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or Site, or any software provided through the Site. VIP reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services or access to the Site without any notice at any time and without any liability to you.
SCOPE OF TERMS
The Terms apply to use of and contribution to the Site and any account provided therefore. Democracy Works Inc. may operate additional projects or services which require separate or additional terms. Such different terms are made available through the individual project or service and are not addressed further herein.
NO WAIVER OF TERMS
Failure of VIP to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance.
GOVERNING LAW AND ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms are subject to the laws of the District of Columbia in the U.S.A., regardless of your location. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the federal and state courts located in the District of Columbia in the U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to Get to the Polls or our services.
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of these Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Last updated October 14, 2018